"All who look to Him will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces." -Psalm 34:5

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Epiphany

Hola. Salut. Hi.

Well, I'm going to try this blog thing and see how it goes. I've had the urge to start a blog for about a year now and just haven't had the guts to actually go through with it for various reasons...I'm a horrible writer, I'm terrible at taking the thoughts from my head and making it to where people can understand them, I wondered if anyone besides my mom and best friend would even read it, I didn't think that I have ever had a very exciting life worth sharing about and the number one problem I had was that I could NOT come up with a catchy blog name that I thought was cool enough (I literally sat for hours on the computer googling all kinds of adjectives and nouns and synonyms). lololol. But as I was lying in warm bed and once again thinking about how I had all of these thoughts I wanted to share with others, I wondered what was really stopping me? It's not even about me! I may think this or that, but if this is something God is laying on my heart to do then I will joyfully sit my happy butt up and do it, glorifying Him through it all.

We may think that we live average lives, that we don't have thoughts worth sharing or that the only person that will ever truly love us is our mom, but we often forget about the guy upstairs. God. Creator. Father. (whichever you prefer) He is what makes our lives extraordinary! Through Him we can do anything! And He will loves us forever and ever and ever and more than any human could ever fathom.

So I really don't understand why we all aren't doing the things we feel called to do! If you feel like you need to start some type of ministry to reach people, do it. If God has placed it on your heart to go skydiving, then in the name of Jesus do it. If the Holy Spirit's telling you to go up to someone and just ask how their day is going, then do it. Or if you feel called to simply start a blog, DO IT.

God does extraordinary things with ordinary people. I doubt that anyone would want to give up the opportunity to work through God, so I encourage us to live for Him in all we do. You never know how one little (or HUGE) act can make a difference in someone else's life.

BE BOLD.

-e


"Let me not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of my mind, that is by testing I may discern what is the will of God, what is good acceptable and perfect." -Romans 12:2


p.s. I hope that this made sense. thx for reading. you're the bomb. frfr. and please excuse the dreary template on here. I have no clue how to work this thing. oh, andddd I guess the blog name works..? hahah

9 comments:

  1. I think it's a GREAT name! I'm sure you will do wonderfully at blogging!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Gary! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. Good job Sweetheart!!! I'm so proud of you. Great name too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I most definitely would follow!! Great start sweety!!
    I most definitely would follow!! Great job sweety!

    I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.~psalm 139:14

    ReplyDelete